The 2021 MLS will take place VIRTUALLY June 5-6, 2021 using the Zoom platform. MLS is offered free of cost to the student, parents, and school! Students are sponsored by various community organizations, such as the Optimist and GFWC, and businesses throughout the state. The only cost seminar doesn’t cover is internet and device access. Schools and students should work together this year to provide a device and internet access to attend the virtual seminar.
First, please register using the button below. After that, check out the Information Packet for more details (located HERE and also below)
As you prepare to attend MLS, please make note of these important dates:
- Ambassador Check-in: Saturday, June 5th, 8:30 am, Zoom
- Online Sessions: Saturday, June 5th 8:30 am-12 pm & 1-5 pm, Sunday, June 6th 10:30-12 (optional brunch with a professional event) & 12-7 pm
What to Expect
MLS is traditionally hosted on the UCM Campus in Warrensburg, MO. This year, we’ve adapted our program to still bring you exciting panels, opportunities to meet other leaders throughout the state, and moments to think about leadership within your state and community. At MLS you’ll experience:
- Small and large group sessions -we will connect you with over 100 leaders across the state. You’ll have time to share your leadership experiences and gain knowledge from others too.
- Staff mentorship -you will be paired with several staff who are leaders within their organizations or communities
- Personal Leadership panels -these sessions will help you recognize your own personal leadership style and equip you to work with others with differing styles
- Community Leadership panels -these sessions will guide and teach you how to focus on improving your school and community
- Brunch with Professionals -meet with multiple professionals to hear about their career and path to get there. Ask them questions and gain insight to help you in your future.
- Friendships and connections -while we can’t guarantee you will make great friends at seminar, we’ll provide opportunities to connect with people both local and across the state in small group settings to give you a chance to build connections. What you take away from those conversations is completely up to you.